Let’s make the web!
I’m here to create, enjoy life, and empower others to do the same.
I was previously the faculty director for Galvanize’s software education programs in Denver, a skunkworks developer for Pearson Education, Director of Instruction for My Music Skool, and a regional manager for a musical instruments marketing firm.
I hold a Master of Engineering in Engineering Management degree from the University of Colorado and a Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems degree from the Metropolitan State University of Denver, as well as degrees from the Art Institue of Seattle and Bellevue College.
I was once (accurately) described as “that Linux user no one gives a shit about.” I love the Denver Broncos, stand-up comedy, and ska music.
Some Things I Believe
- People learn concrete-to-abstract, not abstract-to-concrete
- Content delivery is not the same thing as education
- Work can and should be meaningful and fun
- Tired people do bad work
- Agility is a way of life
- Plans engender a false sense of security
- Design is an engineering task, not an artistic one